27 Saint James's Place, SW1A Saint James's, CITY OF WESTMINSTER, United Kingdom
The house was commissioned by John, 1st Earl Spencer in 1756, the Earl requiring a large London house to cement his position and status.
The architect he chose was John Vardy who had studied under William Kent. Vardy is responsible for the facades of the mansion that we see today.
SPENCER HOUSE, 27 Saint James's Place, SW1A Saint James's, District: CITY OF WESTMINSTER, United Kingdom