CHIESA DI SANT'ELIGIO DEGLI OREFICI

SIGHT - ARCHITECTURES

Via di Sant'Eligio 8, 00186 Campo de' Fiori · Regola, CENTRO STORICO, Italy

Local level recommended in Rome, Italy

Historic Religious Building

Sant'Eligio degli Orefici is a church designed by Raphael for the Guild of Goldsmiths when they split off from the Guild of Ironworkers in 1509 and dedicated to their patron saint Eligius.

Besides his work on St Peter's Basilica, this is the only church in Rome that, although partially, can definitely be attributed to Raphael. Its cupola is attributed to Baldassare Peruzzi and the interior is also by Raphael, in a Bramante-like style, though the present façade is early 17th century and by Flaminio Ponzio.

Sight - Ranking nr. 69 Best Sights in the district CENTRO STORICO

CHIESA DI SANT'ELIGIO DEGLI OREFICI

Via di Sant'Eligio 8
00186 Campo de' Fiori · Regola,
District: CENTRO STORICO, Italy

Tel: +39(0)6 686 82 60

Location

CHIESA DI SANT'ELIGIO DEGLI OREFICI, Via di Sant'Eligio 8, 00186 Campo de' Fiori · Regola, District: CENTRO STORICO, Italy

Selected interests in the location

15 Selected Restaurants

15 Selected Hotels

15 Selected Leisure